As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Assist servers in providing fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests by clearing and setting tables and performing miscellaneous tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Clear, clean, and set tables according to established service standards.
* Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirror and floors of restaurant.
* Separate dirty china, glassware and silver and deliver to kitchen for cleaning.
* Perform set-up and closing side work assignments such as make coffee, fold napkins, etc. Stock service station or pantry with napkins, placemats, condiments, etc. May be required to transport linens to and from laundry.
* May routinely fill water glasses, serve non-alcoholic beverages, and assist servers by delivering items to guest tables.
Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to room service duties
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Moving about the restaurant
* Handling food, objects; bus tray/tub, plates, glasses, utensils, etc.
* Bending, stooping, kneeling
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
* Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest's questions regarding the menu.
* Basic math skills are used when performing room service duties.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
WORK AREA: Kitchen and F & B areas
In return we will offer you a competitive benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans. IND