Privately owned, Vegan restaurant in Los Angeles seeks a Chef de Cuisine plant based cooking experience preferred!!
* Creating an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration is a must!
* Managing all aspects of the kitchen from work assignments, recipe creation, and inventory.
* Ensuring your brigade has high culinary standards
* Managing food purchasing and storage
* Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
* Creating new recipes and write menus
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
* Secure service and preparation areas at end of day.
* Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
* Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
* Keep labor at (or under) budget
* Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
* Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
* Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
* Basic computer skills with the capacity to learn new software, online ordering and internal systems
Boxer Resorts offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, optional life insurance, 401K and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.