The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
- Prepare or review ledger account reconciliations, including bank accounts, prepaid and other assets, liabilities and credit cards
- Monitor coding to ensure accuracy
- Adhere to internal financial controls as directed by the company's Sarbanes-Oxley narratives, including sales journal verifications, bank, general ledger and subsidiary ledger account reconciliations, revenue testing, and other tests and procedures as required
- Prepare and/or review general ledger entries and present financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various schedules and supporting documents as required
- Assist with other team activities, communicating both verbally and in writing with other team members and property-level associates
- comply with attendance rules and be available to work outside established schedule as needed to meet critical deadlines
- Perform job-related duties as assigned
- Formal training in accounting preferred
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business preferred
- Prior hotel experience preferred