NeueHouse is the private workspace and cultural home for creators, innovators, and thought leaders. With iconic buildings, timeless design, thought-provoking cultural experiences, and elevated hospitality, NeueHouse has reimagined the ideal environment for creative potential and progress.Our Properties
NeueHouse currently operates across three different, but equally iconic properties in New York City and Los Angeles
- Our Madison Square (MSQ) House is situated in New York's iconic Flatiron District, was previously home for Tepper Galleries, a well-known Manhattan auction house for international artists and collectors in the 1930s - and neighbors the 69th Regiment Armory where the first International Exhibition of Modern Art was held.
- Our Hollywood House (HWD), which sits on Sunset Boulevard, is one of LA's most celebrated buildings and occupies the original CBS Studio (the world's first structure built intentionally for broadcast). Here genre- defining artists from Orson Wells and Lucille Ball to Janis Joplin, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan built their legacy.
- Our Bradbury House (BB) sits within the Bradbury building in DTLA. Built in 1893, the Bradbury Building is an architectural masterpiece and one of Los Angeles' most historic landmarks. It has been heralded as one of the most thrilling spaces in all North America and is renowned for its breathtaking skylit atrium filled with walkways, stairs, balconies, and intricate ironwork.
These properties are complimented by forthcoming houses in Venice Beach, and Miami, as well as proposed European locations. Regardless of locale, and by deliberate design, all our environment and teams support, nurture and connect the NeueHouse community in reaching their creative potential.The Role
The Sous Chef drives culinary excellence at NeueHouse Hollywood. Helping to define and execute on our recently revised F&B concept, the Sous Chef is responsible for executing food production in high-volume and concept forward kitchens, including restaurants, for banquet functions and other outlets. Reporting to the Executive Chef of Hollywood, the Sous Chef contributes to menu development and new recipes and overall establishes consistent high caliber.
NeueHouse's team is lean and runs with a mindset of "no task is too big or too small." The Sous Chef should expect to manage through ambiguity, a developing concept, and will need to be ready to support all NH departments in meeting the needs of the House.Requirements
The Sous Chef creates and delivers our NeueHouse menu with a consistent excellence such that every NeueHouse Member, Guest, and teammate comes to believe in "magic on the plate." The role requires someone who is ready to
- Represent the culinary teams, program, and contributes to the overall success of the day-to-day operations of NeueHouse Hollywood kitchen.
- Manage and ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently with a mind toward Member & Guest, and employee experience.
- Develop portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participates in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Conducts periodic kitchen walk-throughs to ensure quality of food meets corporate specifications.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards. Assists with Team Trainings and provides food descriptions for all items served
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all Health & Safety and company Employment policies/service procedures/standards as these relate to the kitchen and culinary team.
- Prepared to outline policies, procedures, and systems to improve our business, service, retention, and magic of the NeueHouse experience.
We are looking to connect with candidates who bring
- 4+ years of experience leading lines in concept-driven kitchens.
- Effective application of culinary skills in real-life cooking; knowledge of maximum possible dishes from all over the globe.
- Analyze weekly/daily menu item analysis to understand sales, with Member & and Guest preferences in mind.
- Training in culinary programs registered under the State policies; hands-on practice and certification.
- Certification by the American Culinary Federation [ACF] or the attainment of the Certified Culinary Administrator certification adds on to the academic capabilities of a Banquet chef.
- Demonstrate experience in quality recipe development and menu placement.
- Maintain an unmatched service focus for Members and Guests by approaching with the needs of NH members in mind.
- Experience working in member/exclusive locations, a plus.
- NeueHouse values diverse educational and training backgrounds in consideration of the role.
The health and well-being of our Members and staff has been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.Diversity & Representation
NeueHouse is committed to building and supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.