Please note: This role can be remotely located anywhere in the U.S.
The Global Process Owner (GPO) for Procure to Pay (PTP) is responsible for the governance and on-going improvements to the Fresh Del Monte global Accounts Payable process.
Reporting to the V.P. Corporate Controller, this position will help to establish a roadmap and strategy for Global Business Services (GBS) in strategic global locations. The global PTP delivery model must effectively meet the needs of various Accounts Payable stakeholders: Corporate HQ, business unit leadership, procurement leadership, regional finance, accounts payable team, and other business functions.
The GPO will ensure continuous improvement of the Accounts Payable process. This may include standardizing or automating process steps, harmonizing data for consistent processing and reporting, identify and implementing new tools to improve accuracy, efficiency, and overall service delivery.
YOUR PROFILE You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- Design and lead end-to-end global PTP transformation, along with other GPOs and external advisors, to support the company vision and expectations
- Optimize and standardize existing processes, establish clear criteria and guidelines at all stages, map exceptions and gaps
- Design and implement SLAs and KPIs to monitor process efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership and oversee management of PTP dedicated personnel
- Drive and create a culture of continuous process improvement and innovation
- Establish and monitor governance of global PTP including policy and process changes, supporting systems
- Be the owner of process maps and SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Report clear information and performance metrics to stakeholders; drive corrective action as necessary
- Develop and translate strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process roadmaps; identify necessary resources (people and capital) to support the implementation of these strategies.
- Assess opportunities for service improvement and/or expansion against business objectives and determine creative means to implement new and innovative technical and process-based solutions
- Act as a key stakeholder to foster a business-oriented culture; continuously monitor the needs of the business
- Anticipate needs, assess, and manage business risk taking; escalate issues that may impact the process globally; manage through ambiguity
- Ensure that Accounts Payable processes are designed and maintained to ensure a compliant internal control environment, including ERP system access
- Work with Master Data Management team to ensure key data elements are structured, standardized, and consistent across suppliers, customers, partners, vendors, etc.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Management (MBA desirable)
- Minimum 15 years of experience including leadership of multicultural teams
- Management experience in a BPO/SSC/GBS
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure critical business needs and timelines are met
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in design and analysis of business processes and systems plus a good mastery of lean and standardization concepts and tools
- Track record of program management/project delivery success that should include: System Implementation/Integration, cost savings, process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Customer Focus mentality with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented, and results-driven
- Ability to prioritize and organize, ensuring all tasks are completed in a time-efficient manner
- Strong business acumen, emotional intelligence, and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Flexibility and adaptability, ability to navigate and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong organizational, change management and execution skills, along with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written/oral English communication skills
- Experience with application and implementation of RPA technology desirable
- 15-20% Domestic and International travel during normal circumstances
- Microsoft office - Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint, Visio
The Ideal Candidate will have experience:
- Translating strategy into operational goals, objectives, and a Procure to Pay process roadmap
- Leading within an outsourced or shared services Accounts Payable environment
- Significant experience and use of ERP software (SAP/Oracle) and familiarity with Procurement & A/P systems and interfaces
- Thorough understanding of accounting controls, with experience in Procurement, A/P, invoice processing, payment, and disbursements
- Implementing business process changes to improve operating efficiencies
- Leading the execution of a global strategy for an end-to-end Procure to Pay process including associated policies and technologies
- Demonstrated experience influencing and leading global teams through change
- Prioritizing process related improvements and opportunities and building business cases to quantify cost/ benefit position
- Making key decisions related to business process management, including target setting, process performance, and financial management
- Driving major process redesign efforts and being accountable for implementation
- Managing effectively through times of crisis and ambiguity
- Ability to deal with adversity and push back from senior leaders
- Strong communication skills - ability to condense information and be concise
- Strong relationship building skills, must build trust
- Challenging the status quo and providing fact-based insights
- Strong analytical skills. Must be hands-on and detail-oriented, but also able to see the big picture
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H