Nitricity is decarbonizing one of the largest chemical industries in the world and we are looking for your help. The bedrock of modern agriculture is the production, distribution, and application of fixed-nitrogen compounds. However, nitrogen fertilizer is currently made in coal- and gas-fired facilities located hundreds to thousands of miles away from farmers who need it. The $120B industry is responsible for as much as 6% of global CO2eq emissions. Nitricity Inc. has developed a breakthrough technology that produces fertilizer using air, water, and renewable electricity. We enable farmers to produce their own "e-fertilizer" at the push of a button with our new product. Growers will be able to control their own fertilizer supply, reduce their costs, and reduce CO2 emissions. Nitricity's vision has won awards through Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, Caltech, ASU, Forbes, and more. We are building a world-class team to help us turn this vision into a reality.
The Mechanical Engineer will be central in helping design and scale Nitricity's product. The ideal candidate will have 5+ yrs of industry experience in engineering product design. This position will involve computer-aided design, oversight of manufacturing, and optimization of mechanical subsystems.
● Mechanical design and engineering of fertilizer production assets (CAD, thermal modeling, BOM management).
● Redesign Nitricity's subsystems for manufacturing.
● Coordinate with company leadership to identify and procure manufacturing partners for subsystems.
● Oversee and maintain manufacturing and engineering designs
● Support Nitricity's other engineering design and integration
● Assist in the building and maintenance of Nitricity's early production systems
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
● ME engineering or similar degree (ME, ChemE, EE)
● Solidworks or equivalent CAD design experience
● Experience in thermal analysis and thermodynamic analysis.
● Past experience designing and building production facilities
and/or skid mounted chemical processes
● Experience transitioning prototypes to products
● Experience in design for manufacturability and improving product longevity
● Versatility to thrive in a start-up environment
● Communication skills
Primary location will be at Nitricity's headquarters in San Francisco. Nitricity recently opened our formal headquarters in San Francisco, 94124 with quick access to downtown, the airport, Caltrain, and Interstate 280. Strict COVID-19 policies must be followed at all times.
Nitricity Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
$70,000 - $90,000/yr USD + Equity Package