BASIC PURPOSE: Develop and implement online marketing for promotions, products and corporate partners on our corporate website according to the eCommerce business plans. Develop online marketing campaigns and maintain short and long-term strategic web campaigns to drive online sales and leads.
- Work with Revenue Management, Email Marketing, Onboard Revenue, Partnership Team, and the Brand team to execute onsite merchandising concepts and landing pages for promoting ships, destinations, partner offers and promotions with the goal of improving the percentage of visitors to the website that become sales leads and customers.
- Develop landing pages, website promotions and merchandising ideas. Follow content management workflow process for editing and posting promotions. Make composite images with Photoshop landing page layouts and work with a graphic designer to get the assets of the web page(s) and codes. Choose images and give guidance on what needs to be done on the photo/images. Edit HTML for landing pages. Give suggestions and recommendations to improve the visibility of the website or web page in search engines and search results.
- Compile and analyze web metrics associated with the promotional and product merchandising to evaluate performance and effectiveness of promotions and campaigns; and modify future tactics as necessary. Work with the web analytics team for other metric tracking and results and react accordingly. Target content to browsers and users.
- Maintain specific areas of the homepage that are related to promotions. Update and refresh landing pages for sales by changing layouts with new applications and marketing campaigns. Design new concepts and ideas. Work with content areas to bring highlights for our customers on the website. Execute online content changes from the business through Content Management Systems. Ensure web content is accurate, up to date, clear and consistent throughout the website. Create promotions snapshots and communications.
- Manage promotions and sales communicated on the mobile site. Make sure the mobile website platform is integrated into the website back-end systems. Ensure that the company's mobile site is promoting the correct products and offers to mobile users, and that all assets including images, landing pages and terms and conditions placed on the website can be viewed by the mobile user. Responsible for overseeing the development of smart phone applications.
- Coordinate the ongoing addition of landing pages and images that go with promotions to target our brand and product by delivering best content to drive increased search relevancy and increased conversion/booking and sales. Coordinate promotional focus and messaging with the business and other marketing departments.
- Maintain a master calendar of all planned and actual promotions for the use of the e-Commerce team that shows the promotional support which impacts the site visits, bookings, and lead generation of the website.
- Interact and collaborate with the Direct Marketing team to ensure that visual site merchandising has best marketing practice usability standards are implemented to provide a clear call-to-action, meets brand guidelines, and has revenue focus with clear communication to customers.
- Help setting up testing landing pages and internet promotions.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, eCommerce, Web Design, Merchandising or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and training.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years' experience in an e-commerce environment. Online industry or travel agency experience preferred. 2-3 years' working with online promotional content. Experience in website promotion, and at least 1-2 years in e-Commerce marketing and website design.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the tourism field/travel/cruise industry.
- Sound knowledge of marketing fundamentals and solid decision-making skills sufficient to evaluate and decide on site content placement and product merchandising opportunities.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Understanding of e-Commerce analytical tools, testing tools and landing pages optimization.
- Deep understanding of web design principles and usability practices.
- Fundamental grasp of web analytics and financial analysis capability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to write clear and concise web content. Interpersonal and business skills to interact with all levels of team members effectively.
- Highly detailed oriented with organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities according to business needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to persuade and convince others.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments under great pressure and with little margin of error.