The Fargo Server Assistant is responsible for aiding the server in receiving and expediting food and beverage orders and helping to create a casual and relaxing dining experience.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Set up dining area and server stations before each shift
- Stay informed of daily menu updates
- Set tables prior to guest arrival with appropriate utensils, condiments etc.
- Restock all stations
- Complete all side work and daily cleaning tasks in checklist binder
- Complete all cleaning duties required at end of shift
- Report any customer service or issues in the dining area to restaurant management team
- Maintain the cleanliness of the service area
- Clear, clean and reset tables after guest visit with appropriate utensils, condiments, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of dining area including tables, floors, counters, and other dining spaces
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables and take to kitchen during meals
- Run food from kitchen, as needed
- Communicate clearly with server and other Fargo staff members to ensure proper service
- Attend all mandatory training and meetings
- Maintain a professional demeanor and adhere to proper dress policy, as defined in the IOA handbook
- Follow guidelines and expectations as stated in the employee handbook
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to maintain neat, professional and clean appearance and practices
- Ability to work while standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to proper food regulation standards and health and safety standards
- Ability to maintain calm and collected demeanor in fast-paced working conditions
- Flexibility with hourly scheduling
- High school or college degree
- Previous serving experience in a casual atmosphere
Special Position Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace safety procedures
- TIPS certification; will train as needed
We are proud to offer outstanding benefits to all of our employees.
Full-time employees, those working 30 hours per week or more on average, are offered competitive medical and dental benefits, as well as generous paid time off packages.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401K program and supplementary benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.