Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in United States, Canada, and has a growing presence in Europe.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
REEF Kitchen Vessel Captains will oversee the operations of REEF's business at their respective location. This position will manage all kitchens employees with a single vessel to ensure food safety compliance, excellent food quality, on time delivery, cost effective performance and people leadership.
This role will play a key role in REEF's success on a site through being a champion of their specific vessel-knowing how to be sure all the various Applications function successfully as REEF continues to build the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. The role requires inventory management, interpretation of performance data, and personnel oversite.
Reports to: NBRHD General Manager, MSA General Manager or Site Manager
Direct reports: Kitchens supervisors and line cooks within a vessel.
- Manage a diverse team of line cooks and Kitchens Supervisors.
- Responsible for the end-to-end employee life cycle of team members in their vessel. This includes support of hiring process, development, scheduling, performance management and engagement of our team members.
- Meet or exceed food and vessel safety, sanitation, quality, delivery and particularly food beverage health code compliance.
- Accountable for vessel KPI performance in coordination with local leaders and company direction.
- Create a work environment that makes REEF a great place to belong.
- Understand how to manage costs and maximize revenue at vessel level.
- Ensure the safety of all operations, particularly food and beverage health code compliance.
- Ensure the operational efficiency of the vessel, including maintenance, security and utilities oversight.
What We Want From You:
- Operational experience preferably at hospitality, food and beverage.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures to lead a team of line cooks and kitchens supervisors.
- Strong organization and communication skills; experience managing people and working collaboratively across multiple levels, and functions.
- A team player with high EQ and collaborative approach to leadership.
- Tolerance for uncertainty and a rapidly changing environment.
- High intensity execution mindset, able to operate at pace.
- Gravitas and presence, capable of leading a diverse team.
- Need to be a believer, devoted to the mission and excited about the company's potential.
- Embody and lead using the REEF core values: ability to show up, be bold, show grit, be curious and be true