The Opportunity Delaware North Sportservice is searching for an Accounting Clerk to join our team at Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia. As an Accounting Clerk, you will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You will also assist the Controller and /or Accounting Manager with preparing the weekly and monthly operating results.
- Receives and verifies invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Prepares, verifies and processes invoices and coding payment documents.
- Processes journal vouchers.
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares batches of invoices for daily data entry.
- Bills and credits accounts involved with the accounts payable system.
- Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and vendor.
- Checks department financial accounts to assure funds are available for purchases.
- Maintains the general ledger, updating vendor files and numbers.
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Reviews Electronic Direct Invoices) processed at Corporate level for proper accountability and weekly balancing.
- Processes FedEx or UPS transactions for the unit.
- Files all approved invoices that are approved by Controller and/or Accounting Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks.
- Prior Accounts Payable experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices.
- Above average PC, Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, computerized accounting skills are necessary and email at a highly proficient level.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, energy and professionalism. As well as trustworthy, respectful, and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communication in the primary language.
- Strong customer service orientation, sense of high accuracy in handling confidential details
Who We Are At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.