: Housekeeping Supervisor
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Director of Services
Status: Non-ExemptJob Summary
Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all functionality within the Housekeeping Department.
- Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Preserve the company's core values in accordance with property, company, and brand guidelines to ensure the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Assist housekeeping management with implementing and maintaining the key control system for the housekeeping department.
- Manage program that ensures that appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms meet the appearance standards of the property, company, and brand.
- Conduct daily stand ups with housekeeping team focusing on recognition, guest satisfaction, training, and key operational priorities
- Personal grooming and appearance to be of a professional manner and fit the hotel theme.
- Train and operate all company cell phones and radios in a professional manner to maintain proper radio etiquette.
- Variable work schedule to meet the demands of the operation contingent on occupancy and may include long hours to include holidays.
- Ensure lobby, guest hallways, back of house and housekeeping areas are cleaned and well organized at all times.
- Retain detailed inventory of all needed housekeeping supplies and amenities for monthly/quarterly ordering.
- Ensure guest confidentiality, privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping according to progressive discipline guidelines.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Report all incidents to Director of Operations.
- Uphold a professional working relationship to stimulate open lines of communication with all team members, management and owners.
- Empowers team members to provide a personal guest experience.
- Uphold and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and / or accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Prepare team member schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Greet and welcome all guests in public areas with a sociable welcome.
- Process, monitor and maintain guest laundry requests.
- Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental and daily stand up meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma
- Previous housekeeping supervisory experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to use technology
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs/walk for long lengths of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat and reach
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
- Long hours sometimes required
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Ability to interpret, read and communicate information
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Please note we are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background screening is required for all candidates offered a position.**
Powered by JazzHR