What Makes a High Note Rooftop Bar Bartender?
The bartender not only mixes and mingles with customers but is savvy about drink preparation. The bartender provides customized beverage service to each of the hotel's restaurant/bar customer in a friendly, energetic and timely manner. Responsible for assuring the guest is having a great time and/or relaxing while at the bar. Associates are passionate about guest service and have the ability to communicate effectively and multitask.
A Day in the Life:
* You will approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
* You will embrace the culture personifying it in daily interactions with guests and associates alike
* Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum
* You will help create an energized bar experience through friendly and personalized service
* Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
* You will take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel assuring cleanliness and conditions of the bar and surroundings are at their peak at all times
* You will drive product quality and guest satisfaction consistently operating as if they 'own it'
* You will anticipate customer needs with the ability to change goals and direction quickly
* You will have knowledge of drink preparation and presentation
* You must be able to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30-lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
* One to two years' experience as a bartender
* The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
* The legal ability to serve alcohol in the State/Province
* Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
* Knowledge of drink preparation
* Computational skills to process guest payments
* Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
* The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
* Being a motivated self-starter
* Being conscientious and driven to consistently serve the guests with the utmost professionalism and courtesy