Delaware North Sportservice is searching for an experienced Cook to join our team at Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia. As a Cook III at Delaware North you will be a visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management team to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen team members, and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead costs. This is a great opportunity to take your culinary skills to the next level.
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Reviews menus and customer orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor, and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.
- Kitchen environment and noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants and airports. With approximately $3 billion in annual revenue, the company's 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at .