About our Company:
Operating as a motel since 1938, Austin Motel is a beloved, quintessential part of the city's history, sitting in the heart of South Congress' famed strip of restaurants, clubs, and shops. The 1930's motor court property, includes 41 guest rooms, a 50's-style outdoor pool and sun deck, community and cultural programming and a renegade-style retail shop to the lobby, all set amidst the original mid-century architecture.
Austin Motel is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, Hotel Magdalena and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We're looking for someone with:
* High school education preferable
* One (1) year related experience in hospitality or service industry
* Availability nights and weekends
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or guests
* Ability to understand computer programs (i.e. Property Management System, Point of Sale)
* Ability to apply concepts of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and algebra, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Responsible for cleaning pool and pool deck as well as other public spaces
* Continually maintain inventory of pool towels, and guest amenities to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established par levels and timeframe
* Open, secure, and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
* Maintain accuracy with all accounting and billing procedures
* Sell Pool day-passes to non-Motel guests, and accurately check Motel guest list for complimentary guest list
* Assist in maintaining safe occupancy levels
* Warmly greet all pool guests, accurately check in guest-list attendees
* Ensure all guest concerns are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
* Notify Manager and/or immediate supervisor about any public areas that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
* Report and correct any deficiencies noted in public areas to the appropriate individuals
* Assist in the timely completion of all special projects, deep cleanings, etc.
* Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
* Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Short Term Disability coverage
* Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
* Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
* 401k with company matching
* Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
* BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
* CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
* BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
* EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
* LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.