The Quality Control Supervisor under guidance from the QA Manager will conduct internal food safety and facility audits and work with the quality assurance department resolving food safety and quality concerns. Individual will facilitate and execute quality assurance functions of the Production facility.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all products meet specific standards and is free from any form of defects or errors.
- Prepares and maintains documentation and control procedures.
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) established by department manager.
- Product inspections.
- Assists with investigations regarding customer complaints.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvements of the SQF Systems.
- Assist with developing and maintaining facility quality systems in compliance with Mile Hi Bakery quality standards and policies.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the QC Manual on an annual basis.
- Facilitate audits; works with 3rd party audit companies to stay in compliance with food safety.
- Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance, including, but not limited to SPC, HACCP, Food
- Directs quality, safety, and GMP training programs for all departments.
- Advise the management team on food safety and quality trends within the business and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Report the findings of food safety audits and analyze issues and implement solutions to the team.
- Responsible to help develop and improve food safety procedures at the facility.
- Performing analysis checks of raw, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection.
- Analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc. on an hourly basis.
- Indirectly manages plant personnel from a GMP and food safety standpoint.
- Work with all departments to prepare for external inspections.
- Monitors the inspection and testing of materials and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five (5) years Quality Control experience. Preferred manufacturing background; prior food handling experience helpful.. Ability to be detailed-oriented. Computer skills and accurate data entry. Good interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work without constant supervision. Flexibility to adapt to frequent shift changes.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with co-workers and members of the organization by speaking and listening in English.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and required to be exposed to consistent lifting from waist high to ground level and to shoulder height. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend and lift. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; extensive reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.WORK ENVIRONMENT
: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and vibration.Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Mile Hi Companies is an EEO Employer.
Powered by JazzHR