Community-Driven food justice organization is seeking a seasoned Executive Director to support our vision and provide leadership!
The Executive Director provides strong leadership that brings to life the vision and mission of The GrowHaus and skillful day to day management, both in steering daily operations of the GrowHaus and in acting as chief liaison with both community groups and key local and national partners. The Executive Director will shepherd The GrowHaus into a second decade of growth and transformation while focusing on racial equity throughout the organization, developing and supporting The GrowHaus' workforce and social enterprises, and overseeing a capital campaign and eventual re-opening of our community building in the Elyria-Swansea neighborhood.
The Executive Director works closely with our Board of Directors to ensure alignment with the vision and strategic direction of The GrowHaus, guides the organization's leadership team and works with staff and residents to cultivate a community-centered organization. Additionally, the ED will have the acumen to articulate the value and impact of The GrowHaus' to a variety of audiences, including donors, residents, and government. At present, The GrowHaus has an operating budget of $2M, 25+ full-time employees, and numerous volunteers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide leadership, strategy, inspiration, and accountability at all levels of the organization to achieve the mission and vision of The GrowHaus.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, execute the vision and strategic direction of The GrowHaus; work with the leadership team to implement the strategic plan including development of resources and operational capacity to deliver.
- Listen, communicate, motivate, and build trust with diverse communities in the Denver region.
- Sustain and grow the notoriety of The GrowHaus within its various local, regional, and national constituencies, including donors, government, corporations, foundations, and other nonprofits.
- Develop, calibrate, summarize, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to Board and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the financial management of the organization including development efforts to achieve financial goals
- In concert with the Development Director, oversee and participate in the creation and implement the organization's fundraising plan.
- Oversee budget including forecasting of revenues and expenses based on established goals/objectives.
- Identify and develop sustainable sources of earned revenue for The GrowHaus, including overseeing food distribution, and other social enterprise opportunities.
- Ensure quality programing and cost-effective operations management.
- Ensure implementation of best practices in all operational and programmatic aspects of The GrowHaus, including finance, human resources/people experience and business development.
- Work with directors and managers to develop and operationalize equitable recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and compensation practices.
- Provide overall leadership and identify strategies and content to support the programming of the organization.
- Present The GrowHaus' vision, mission, and programs effectively to relevant stakeholders; serve as primary spokesperson to the media and oversee all public relations efforts.
- Work with the Board to identify, recruit, orient, and retain a Board of Directors structured with outstanding leaders who are representative of and committed to the organization's mission and values; develop capabilities and contributions of Board members.
- Engage Board members in identifying prospects, understanding the work of the organization, and representing the Board/organization at various events.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR ORGANIZATION
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience leading organizations and teams; nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors required; experience working with community partners and volunteers preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate succinctly, both verbally and in writing to a broad range of audiences.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, financial management, strategic planning, and implementation including experience in creating and managing a $1M+ annual budget.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves, understand the roles of all team members and step in as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the work of the organization.
- Some degree of bilingual skills (English and Spanish).
The successful candidate:
- Embodies The GrowHaus' core values and believes fully in The GrowHaus mission.
- Inspires passion, innovation and action through transparency in their work.
- Demonstrates success leading diverse teams and/or community-centered organizations that address major social, racial and/or economic challenges.
- Exhibits a broad range of competencies developed throughout their professional careers, including program development and evaluation, financial and organizational management, people management and coaching, fundraising and community engagement.
- Demonstrates a level of comfort discussing fundraising efforts and financial requests from a variety of donors, including foundations and grassroots and individual donors.
- Cultivates an organizational culture of wellness, accountability, continuous feedback and quality improvement.
- Offers the acumen to guide, initiate and weave racial justice, equity, diversity, inclusivity and anti-racism principles, conversations and strategy into all aspects of The GrowHaus' operations.
- Demonstrates self-awareness of personal strengths and areas of development.
- Leads with humor, compassion, empathy, focus and purpose.