Chook is an Australian inspired charcoal fired chicken restaurant from James Beard Award winning Chef Alex Seidel (Fruition and Mercantile) and founder of Snooze, Adam Schlegel.
Cook with live charcoal! Work for a James Beard Award wining Chef! Put out amazing food!
The Line Cook is required to prepare the menu to the standards of service at Chook. Preferred two or more years of experience in high volume, professional kitchen.
Reports to: Restaurant Management
Full-Time (35 to 40 hours/week) or Part-Time (15 to 20 hours/week)
Compensation: $18 to $20/hour (tips included)
Availability: Chook is hiring for both day and night shifts. Potential staff will need to communicate school, other work, and all other special schedule requests prior to the beginning of employment.
Chook has made a commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Performance Expectations of Line Cook:
· Welcomes all fellow team members and guests in a positive manner.
· Correctly prepares food with Chooks standards of service.
· Reports food waste to restaurant management.
· Maintains a clean work station and restaurant while on shift.
· Performs pre-shift side work duties, running side work throughout shift, and closing or end of shift side work with attention and care.
· Knows how to operate kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
· Adheres to food safety regulations at all times.
· Fills in any role that may be needed during a shift.
· Appropriately asks questions when necessary.
· Appropriately asks for help when necessary.
· Follows all safety procedures at Chook.
· Arrives on time for all shifts in a clean uniform with good personal hygiene.
Successful Applicants will exhibit:
· Strong personal organization skills.
· An enjoyment for working with other positive people on a team.
· Ability to find fun where it's not easily seen.
· Enjoy helping and serving other people.
· Have the ability to recognize others needs prior to being told.
· Have a passion for food, sustainability, people, and community.
· Display a punctual and organized work ethic.
· Take pride in their work.
· Enjoy a challenge.
· Have a desire to grow personally and professionally.
· Clear communication skills.