The Fargo Server will receive and expedite food and beverage orders and ensure a casual and relaxing dining experience.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Set up dining area and server stations before each shift
- Stay informed of daily menu updates, seasonal products and local food offerings
- Set tables prior to guest arrival with appropriate utensils, condiments etc.
- Restock all stations
- Greet and introduce oneself to guests in designated sections in timely manner
- Describe and recommend wines and specialty beverages to guests
- Check identification for guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcoholic drinks
- Receive food and beverage orders at assigned tables, offering assistance and section recommendations, as necessary
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction
- Prepare cocktails as ordered and bring to guests, or deliver to bartender
- Expedite food from kitchen to guest tables
- Complete all side work and daily cleaning tasks in checklist binder
- Complete all cleaning duties required at end of shift
- Present checks on each table, collect payments and cash guest out correctly
- Complete and produce accurate check-outs at the end of each shift
- Allocate tips to all support staff per IOA guidelines
- Report any customer service or issues in the dining area to restaurant management team
- Maintain the cleanliness of the service area
- Attend all mandatory training and meetings
- Maintain a professional demeanor and adhere to proper dress policy, as defined in the IOA handbook
- Follow guidelines and expectations as stated in the employee handbook
- Other duties, as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to maintain neat, professional and clean appearance and practices
- Ability to work while standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to proper food regulation standards and health and safety standards
- Ability to maintain calm and collected demeanor in fast-paced working conditions
- Flexibility with guest needs and hourly schedules
- High school or college degree
- Previous serving experience in a casual atmosphere
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace safety procedures
Special Position Requirements
- Local wine and food knowledge
- TIPS certification; will train as needed
We are proud to offer outstanding benefits to all of our employees.
Full-time employees, those working 30 hours per week or more on average, are offered competitive medical and dental benefits, as well as generous paid time off packages.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401K program and supplementary benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.