NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
*1. Prepare food items using Buckner Villas standardized recipes and ensure that all food meets Buckner Villas quality and service standards.
*2. Prepare meals based on menu requirements. Review menus and select appropriate ingredients and supplies in order to prepare for cooking meals, including selecting the appropriate amount of food for daily menus. Obtain necessary supplies from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
*3. Cook breakfast, and/or lunch, and/or dinner meals that are nourishing, palatable and appetizing in appearance using standard recipes.
*4. Monitor quality of food items during production for taste, smell, appearance, and temperature.
*5. Prepare meals in a cost effective and efficient manner; utilize food items and equipment in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
*6. Obtain approval from supervisor on all food substitutions.
*7. Maintain meal count and documentation records in accordance with standards as required. Monitor for overproduction and recommend effective and appropriate utilization of leftovers.
*8. Maintain food inventories and complete requisition forms.
*9. Ensure food readiness at meal times in accordance with Buckner Villas cooking and serving schedules.
*10. Conduct temperature checks of cooked food prior to service of items.
*11. Follow proper food handling techniques at all times.
*12. Serve food according to portion-control guidelines, program needs, and plate presentation guidelines for all menu items.
*13. Prepare food for special diets as requested. Prepare all food for therapeutic diets as directed by the Dietary Manager and healthcare requirements.
*14. Help reduce costs by rotating food, wrapping all containers properly, and dating all items as required. Report any spoilage, damage, or outdate products to your supervisor as soon as possible.
*15. Inspect food production and dry storage areas routinely to ensure areas meet or exceed Buckner Villas standards; properly maintain all food production equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
*16. Receive and store groceries, canned food, frozen food, produce, and other supplies; date perishable items. Assist managers with control and security of all food and supply items.
*17. Move food and ingredients to and from storeroom and kitchens.
*18. Clean refrigerators and freezers; wash pots and other cooking equipment and utensils as required.
*19. Mop, sweep and clean work area; keep work area clean and sanitary at all times.
*20. Detect correct and report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
*21. Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and state and federal laws.
*22. Maintain or exceed Buckner Villas standards of appearance and cleanliness at all times, including personal sanitation, hygiene, and health standards.
*23. Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
*24. Assist in the orientation and training of all food production employees as required.
*25. Attend staff meetings and training as required; participate in in-service training, including proper utilization of all equipment used in food service production and proper sanitation guidelines.
*26. Perform general office tasks as required.
27. Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Minimum 1 year prior related experience required.
2. Requires knowledge of food preparation, ingredients, recipes, and equipment used for dining facilities serving a minimum of 25 individuals.
3. Requires knowledge of and ability to learn food serving, cleanliness and sanitation requirements.
4. Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
5. Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to understand business documents which are written in English.
6. Requires ability to communicate verbally in English with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and others; ability to make self clearly understood by others in face-to-face interactions.
7. Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the job is at or within arm's reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
8. Requires ability to safely utilize food service and preparation equipment and recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
9. Requires ability to work under moderate supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
10. Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents and others in the vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
11. Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner's insurance policy.
12. Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
13. Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
14. Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
15. Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds continuously to move food service and preparation equipment and other objects.
16. Requires ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time; ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, stand and walk over 75% of shift.
17. Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
18. Requires ability to comply with Patient Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future