This position acts as support to the Assistance Vice President, Corporate Executive Chef, by working directly with customers both internal and external, offering new innovative products to meet their needs. The Product Development Chef will work directly with cross functional teams within OSI - (R&D, Sales, Processing, and Marketing) to create customer opportunity.
- Co-lead efforts involved in new product/processes development and improvement, including but not limited to product concept, design, ingredients, cost, production, and packaging.
- Responsible for developing new and innovative products to meet the needs of OSI customers across a variety of food preparation, sales and distribution outlets. Gathering of market information/ research materials and use in the product develop phase for concepts development.
- Co-develop customer and internal sales product presentations that are supported by marketing/ insights information.
- Create, maintain, and foster customer relationships.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver projects to customer specifics.
- Ability to develop products from concept stage to a commercialized product.
- Developing supporting sales presentations.
- Develop and prepare concepts for internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate and interact with the customers.
- Proactively monitor and understanding culinary trends and be able to effectively translate insights into viable product concepts and sales solutions.
- Proactively partner with research and development teams on ideation and development of new and existing products and menu ideas.
- 5 years of culinary restaurant experience
- .Associate Degree in applied sciences (culinary degree) or four year degree in culinary.
- Prior experience as Product Development Chef.
- 2-4 years technical food experience in food product development or R&D, or in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of recipe and food formula development
- Strong culinary ability, with working knowledge of kitchens in all facets of the foodservice and QSR, and retail industries.
- Additional training in related areas: food science, microbiology, marketing, sanitation, sensory, food styling, and photography.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and manage relationships effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong networking and inter-personal skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Sound understanding of basic business principals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong time management skills.
- Basic computer skills icluding Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel up to 25% of the time is required.
- Position requires the physical agility to perform continuous lifting up to 15 pounds, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, stretching/reaching, use hands or fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, controls and standing/walking on concrete flooring.
- Work can be performed within a manufacturing plant environment with noise, extreme temperatures, and significant movement of powered equipment, people and conveyor.
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Position requires the physical ability to stand/walk for duration of required work hour
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.