Inns of aurora, llc core valuesWhile our employees' skill-sets vary greatly from position to position, our core set of values remain the same. As an Inns of Aurora, LLC employee, learning and exemplifying these characteristics is a key part to your success. All Inns of Aurora employees are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics as defined in the Inns of Aurora, LLC handbook
- Respect for others
- Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Technician oversees, executes, and is responsible for the care and maintenance of the facilities of the Inns of Aurora properties.
- Evaluate and execute work assignment through proper use of tools, equipment and chemical applications
- Maintain and diagnose ventilation, refrigeration, and other building systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Verify that equipment is in safe and proper operating condition
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows, etc)
- Assist outside vendors when necessary to ensure timely, effective service and repairs
- Assist all members within the facilities and grounds department in areas of carpentry, painting, building repairs, and moving.
- Assist in snow removal operations, snowmelt, and other applications
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Basic understanding of HVAC systems including fuel oil and propane boilers, geothermal, heat pumps, fan coil units, heat wheels, chillers and cooling towers
- Basic understanding of kitchen equipment operation including ovens, stoves, dish machines, refrigeration, and ventilation
- Basic knowledge of plumbing systems and working with copper, iron, pvc, and cpvc piping
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools and other assigned equipment
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting with internal staff as well as outside vendors
- Working knowledge of safe work practices, methods and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- A friendly and professional work ethic and demeanor
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and general computer literacy
- Flexibility in scheduling, including night and weekend availability
- Five years of general maintenance experience
- Graduation from standard high school or G.E.D. equivalent with trade and vocational school courses completed
- Certification in trade (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, related)
We are proud to offer outstanding benefits to all of our employees.
Full-time employees, those working 30 hours per week or more on average, are offered competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability benefits, as well as generous paid time off packages.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401K program and supplementary benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.