This is a fully remote role. Job boards require a location in order to post
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is affordable, trustworthy, and in convenient locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote customer service is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is felt, not seen.
Behind the scenes, we leverage technology and innovative operations to build a globally scalable offering that delivers high quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include engaging All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are critical to Kasa's mission. Accordingly, every new **Kasa team member gets trained in Guest Experience during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa's vision and culture speaks to you, and you're up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
In this remote Portfolio Revenue Manager role, you will focus on generating the highest revenue possible for Kasa's Eastern US properties within the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Florida, Tennessee and Midwest regions. You will have significant autonomy to drive performance by creating new revenue initiatives, developing cutting edge pricing programs and implementing targeted yield management strategies.
This role lies within Kasa's Revenue Management team, which reports the Director of Partner Success and has significant interaction with the financial strategy and marketing teams.About The Team
Kasa's Revenue Management team is a key contributor to Kasa's long-term success by driving market-leading profit margins across our properties. This role will be the second hire on the Revenue Management team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization. In this position, you will play a critical role in determining Kasa's pricing strategies to help support significant growth into the future.
The Revenue Management team sits within the broader Partner Success Department, which is held accountable to retain and grow our unit count across our existing relationships. This is accomplished by nurturing existing relationships through relationship management which ultimately leads to strong partner satisfaction and retention. We partner with some of the largest multifamily property owners and managers in the nation and these relationships are one of the most valuable resources we have at Kasa. We are the direct point of contact for all interactions with our property partners, including investors, asset managers, and property managers.
Day in the life of a Kasa Portfolio Revenue Manager
- Actively monitor occupancy and prices across 15+ markets
- Adjust pricing to maximize perishable inventory
- Implement new yield management programs for the portfolio and individual properties
- Optimize online channel mix and drive new channel expansion decisions
- Recommend fee and billing changes to maximize margin expansion
- Collaborate with marketing and reservations teams to improve overall RevPAR
- Deliver meaningful revenue analytics to senior leadership
- Collaborate with tech team to develop pricing algorithms and improve proprietary yield management systems
- You will manage and take ownership of the properties within your portfolio - you will be measured based on the absolute and relative performance of those properties
- Actively monitor and adjust pricing across your portfolio markets
- Proactively work with Partner Success and Operations to implement new strategies to target bottom line improvement for our property owner partners
- Conduct recurring revenue performance reviews for both the Partner Success and broader leadership teams at Kasa
- Implement new pricing strategies and spearhead ancillary revenue opportunities
- Assist in producing top line forecasting and budgeting reports for portfolio properties using market data and competitive analysis
- Revenue Management Background - Strong familiarity with hotel and/or hospitality yield management techniques
- Strong Communicator - You are able to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing. You are extremely comfortable presenting to both internal and external parties.
- Responsive Team Player - Colleagues know that they can rely on you to solve problems or answer revenue-related questions. You take meticulous notes and are extremely organized.
- Technologically Savvy - You acknowledge the need for technology within a successful yield management program and embrace new technological advancements. You are willing to learn new systems and think outside the box with imperfect data.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills; this role involves multiple ongoing processes that require superior attention to detail
- Analytical and Data Driven - able to garner insights from large amounts of data to inform pricing decisions and revenue maximization strategies
- 4+ years of experience in a yield or revenue management role
- You're highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently.
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed.
- You're a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with online booking channels (Airbnb, Expedia, Booking.com, etc.)
- We are headquartered in San Francisco but this position can be based anywhere - must be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely.
- You have yield and/or revenue management experience in the hospitality, airline, travel or similar industries are encouraged to apply.
- You are familiar with East Coast or Midwestern hospitality markets
- You have experience in SQL or using data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- You flourish working in a remote-based role.
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having
- Take ownership of pricing decisions and yield management initiatives within your portfolio
- Achieve an overall increase in RevPAR based on pre-determined goals
- Help the underwriting team to evaluate new or existing market opportunities
- Provide real-time analytics to senior leadership for strategic decisions
- Be instrumental in building proprietary algorithms to ensure Kasa's long-term financial success
- Collaborate with guest experience team to streamline pricing inquiries
- Remote Work With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- Competitive Salary We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- ⚕Health Coverage We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.