Apex Systems, part of On Assignment & the 2nd largest IT staffing Solutions firm in the country has an opportunity for a Data Steward for a client sitting remote. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated version of your resume to Alexis Fanning at with the best contact information.
Also, Apex does offer a referral policy if you know anyone else who might be interested!
Here are the details:
Position: Data Steward
Duration: 6 month+
Experience with Data Management / Chief Data Office Organizations, specifically in a Data Stewardship function for the execution of deliverables such as data quality rules, business glossary, and lineage. Subject Matter Expertise in the lines of business Retail/Commercial or Risk/Finance organizations. 5-7 years experience.
- Supports the Chief Data Office in the execution of the Data Management Book of Work
- Collaborates with Data Owners to identify Key Data Elements using a SIPOC approach
- Creates and maintains metadata knowledge artifacts such as data dictionaries, data lineage, and identifies need for changes in metadata within domain
- Defines data quality rules for all critical data elements and works with the Data Quality "DQ" team for their implementation
-Defines requirements and collaborates with Data CIO and IT teams for development of technical lineages
-Identifies, tracks, and works with Remediation team on the resolution of priority data issues root causes to improve data quality levels
- Experience with databases, and data analytical/statistical tools (SQL, Access). Familiarity with IBM (IGC) Informatica Governance Catalogue preferred
- Ability to independently hold meetings and communicate with senior level Business and IT partners
- Ability to self-manage project deliverables and timelines, delivering work that meets the standards and requires little revisions
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice