Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Solicit business within different market segments via tele-prospecting and outside sales calls
- Maintenance of accounts with existing contacts to maintain rapport and develop the future business;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group business, to include room sales, F&B sales, wedding sales, corporate retreats and catering/banquet services.
- Attendance of networking events; Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Conduct site tours
- Upkeep of customer database via Resort's CRM
- Develop contracts and follow up with customers
- (If applicable) Direct the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of sales/revenues.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
- Responsible for the co-development of hotel-level tactical sales plans to support the overall system-wide plans/strategies and programs.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- In coordination with General Manager, serve as an interface on media-related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the public relations director (and GM) if necessary.
- Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in order.
- Attend sales/revenue and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication. Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
- Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales department.
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating procedures.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- College Degree
- 10 -15 years of sales experience within the hospitality industry
- About 6 years of experience as director of marketing and sales
- Experiences with small to medium-sized property with at least 15,000 sq. ft. meeting space
- Knowledge of CRM preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Professional and ethical
- Excellent customer service skills
- Quick learner and hard worker
- Team player and ability to get along with others
- Available to meet guests which may include weekends