Do you believe that a great product team is the heart and soul of any successful company? Are you comfortable to be responsible for the success of your product? Are you passionate about helping independent restaurants survive the pandemic? Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a rapidly growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector with millions of users each month. We help restaurants take real-time control of their menu and turn it into an essential tool for attracting and engaging guests. We are helping drive the future of restaurant guest engagement by taking a revolutionary approach with our patent-pending, cloud-based, dynamic, interactive platform.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and truly be a difference maker which includes meaningful equity opportunity for long-term performers.
About This Opportunity:
Popmenu is looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Growth Product Manager to help us expand our footprint into new market segments and internationally. You will be challenged to envision and execute an experience that will carry our user through the journey of becoming an Popmenu client and engaging them along the way to maximize the value we can provide. You will also create an extensible platform that simplifies this process while crafting a delightful experience for people across all our product areas. Although primarily focused on client growth, you'll also work with internal groups to make our own sales and onboarding processes more efficient and simpler.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Product Success: Our Product Manager fully owns and manages the solutions for their product area and will ensure it aligns with the overall product and company vision. From defining launch goals, developing launch strategies, assess organizational readiness, and measure post-launch results - our Product Manager holds themselves accountable to ambitious product KPIs and OKRs.
- Product Leadership: We compete for the best product! Our Product Manager is the expert on the domain, the market, and the trends and ensures Sales, Marketing and Leadership are not isolated from changes in the marketplace and can communicate the strengths of our product with confidence.
- Prototyping: We're innovating fast, but never in a vacuum. Our Product Manager understands how to get data to validate or challenge their assumptions. From paper to low fidelity prototypes- our Product Manager will always validate ideas with users.
- Stellar Execution: There is always too much to do! From new product development to product backlogs, our Product Manager is accountable to prioritize the work with our UX and engineering teams to ensure the most valuable work is delivered in a timely manner and in line with our quality standard.
- Influential Leadership: Whether it's staying aligned with your peers in product, communicating new releases to the market, or leading cross-functional dual track agile project teams through the product development process, our Product Manager can find the right balance between championing their product area and checking their ego.
Bottom line - in this role it is your responsibility to lead your product area to success.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Experience: Demonstrated success in a Product Management role. Experience working in or around the restaurant space or in a previous product-led growth role are pluses.
- Strong end-user interaction - Proven track record of getting out of the office and talking with consumers and clients for user discovery, problem definition, and testing prototypes.
- Critical Thinking and Business Acumen - Comfortable to challenge your own ideas as well as product improvement suggestions from the organization and our client base.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, and visual) with the ability to influence and build consensus.
- Time Management - Strong ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines with ease and comfort while consistently maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Start-up ready - you have the confidence and problem-solving skills to be effective in situations with limited information.
- Passion for food - We love talking about food, restaurants, and recommending dishes. It's a plus if you do as well.
What's In It For You:
- We offer a competitive salary and equity opportunity for strong performers.
- Flexibility and freedom are high. We work from home often. We care about results above all else.
- We're early enough that you can make significant contributions to the company's success, but have enough in place already that you won't have to create everything from scratch.
- We work with extreme agility and fluidity, and need your help improving that velocity as we scale up smartly. You can have a major impact on how our processes take shape to achieve our goals.
- You will work with and learn from a team that is experienced in developing products that have been utilized by millions of users and tens of thousands of clients on a monthly basis
- Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
- To find great ideas you have to break some stuff. Here you are expected to fail fast, fail smartly and fail forward. You'll have tremendous leeway in trying out your ideas, no matter how speculative.
- We have a great culture and environment that emphasizes collaboration, energy and openness above corporate formality. You can be yourself.