Emmy Squared Pizza is looking for an experienced Chef/Kitchen Manager to join our growing company in the Washington DC area.
The ideal culinary leadership candidate embodies both hospitality and caring, works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and is interested in growing and learning with us. We require you to be organized and quick on their feet while working effectively under pressure. Keeping organized and having an eye for detail are key skills that are required to be successful in this position.
Kitchen Manager Key Responsibilities:
· Direct supervision of the kitchen employees on a daily basis, ensuring policies and processes are being followed and inspecting operational flow on a continuous basis.
· Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen ensuring that operating costs are minimized.
· Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and continuous training of kitchen employees.
· Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
· Responsible for food quality and consistency of menu items, ensuring a positive guest experience
· Create schedules for kitchen employees, adjusting as necessary to meet business needs and financial targets
· Ensure compliance with department of health standards, maintaining superior cleanliness and sanitation in all kitchen areas.
· Provide training and support to Front of House employees, to include menu knowledge and how to meet dietary needs.
Kitchen Manager Qualifications:
· Previous culinary management experience in a full-service restaurant. A love for food is a must and pizza knowledge is a plus!
· Serve Safe certified food manager preferred.
· Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
· Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment while effectively delegating tasks.
· Experience managing payroll and schedules is required.
· Must have understanding of food cost and be capable of conducting and assessing restaurant inventory.
· Must be proficient with computers, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to lift / carry items up to 40 lbs. and push / pull items up to 75 lbs.
· Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending, twisting, squatting and reaching overhead.
· Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
Emmy Squared/Pizza Loves Emily is an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regard to race, sex, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by law.