This position provides financial support to the West region distribution network ($250mm cost structure) bringing visibility to operating performance, ensuring the accuracy of business results and providing insights that drive key performance measures. The role functions as a business partner and analytical / financial resource to the West Region as well as Senior Director and his entire team. Key analytics include performance management, forecasting and project analysis. The position is also responsible for maintaining the control environment ensuring the integrity of key processes and proper management of assets.
- Partner with all levels of West BU and distribution management to gather, analyze and / or prepare financial reports, forecasts and similar ad-hoc analysis.
- Oversee operational spending and proper inventory measurement to ensure proper accounting for the period activity.
- Responsible for the development of operational budgets, updating financial forecasts and identifying key drivers of performance.
- Manage and contribute to the post-closing operational analysis in order to identify / evaluate variances and providing narratives on those variances. This would include EVA (variation analysis) reporting, plant shipping/DC reviews, tracking to budgets and capturing revisions to key programs.
- Partners with management to continually improve the total cost structure of the distribution operations which includes initiatives such as continuous improvement and waste elimination / productivity.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and leads projects that successfully improves processes.
- Support the development of CAPEX investments including business justification & financial impact. This would include proper accounting treatment and post completion audit.
- Provides financial leadership in support of all strategic and business analysis.
- Insure adherence to all financial and key business process controls and procedures and will be the lead contact / coordinator for all audit activities.
- Play a lead financial role in Lowest Landed Costs, management of third party costs and sourcing analyses.
- Supports Analysis for all Regional Real Estate Requirements including Business Justification and Financial Impact.
- Manages Regional Productivity Project Tracking & Analysis including Annual Plan, and successive LE's.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
- 5+ years' financial experience.
- 3+ years' financial experience in a manufacturing / supply chain environment.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Travel 20%.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of operational financial planning & analysis.
- Working knowledge of MFG ERP systems, standard costing and procurement.
- Proficient with MS Office and Excel power user. Knowledge of Oracle financials and other business intelligence / reporting tools.
- Strong analytic skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to plan & accomplish goals with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills; work well in teams.
- Ability to relocate will provide for career growth.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.