At The Halal Guys, we've created something different: the best place to eat and work. For over 30 years The Halal Guys family has brought great food and a family environment to the streets of New York City. The Halal Guys are the pioneers of American Halal Food. The New York Post calls The Halal Guys "perhaps the city's most famous open-air dining destination." The Halal Guys is the #1 Most Yelped business in all of NYC, and in the Top 3 Most Yelped businesses in the entire United States.
Summary of Position
The Halal Guys General Manager is a proven leader who works with their team to achieve our highest standards. You are responsible for recruiting, development, training, performance, and retention of all personnel. You can manage inventory, food quality, controllable costs, and financial results. You are accountable for each one of our guest's complete and utter satisfaction in their dining experience by empowering team members to react positively, hospitality focused FIRST in every instance while maintaining a constant presence on the floor.
Director of Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates day to day operational expectations to ensure efficiency, sets the daily morale of the team & leads by example
- Responsible for completion of all administrative duties, paperwork & cash handling policies
- Trains, develops, and coaches team members to provide consistent execution & exemplary service
- Expected to read the MIT binder, train based on its standards and be certified on all positions in the store. This includes team member handbook and shift running.
- Confidently handles guest's complaints, concerns & service issues with grace
- Guarantees completion of all daily food safety checklists and proper food handling, FIFO knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations
- Monitors all equipment & maintains preventative maintenance, timely repairs
- Ensures completion of inventories, staff meal documentation, prep & waste control
- Certifies & delivers team member & management evaluations in a timely manner, understanding of payroll procedures;
- Resolves potential team member conflicts in a professional & confidential manner
- Maintains immaculate cleanliness & perfect organization of all areas of the restaurant an ambassador of our brand in the local community & effectively builds relationships
- Ensures team members follow all store policies & procedures
- Create a POSITIVE environment where ALL team members thrive & excel which includes YOU!
Ability to work long hours.
- Food Safety certification
- 3 or more years of managerial experience or equivalent position
- Experience managing high sale volume
- Experience managing large number of employees
- Inventory Management/food cost/ labor management
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Results Driven
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
None required, though a college degree is preferred.
Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Please provide a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations