Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Location: 1020 Spring St. NW Atlanta, GA 30309
Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.What You'll Do
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for providing technical support to the Kitchen Manager, while exhibiting leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The Assistant Kitchen Manager manages operations and personnel in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. They are responsible for the quality of the food, while ensuring seamless operations.Primary Duties And Responsibilities
What We Want From You
- Sets up stations with all necessary supplies
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Cover Kitchen Manager duties as needed
- Always follows supervisors' direction
- Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes
- Ensures food quality and timeliness
- Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations
- Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations and standards
- Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and equipment or aspects of the kitchen in need of repair to management
- Assist in managing workforce hours
- Assist with cost of goods sold
- Train new hires & coach employees as needed
- Assist with inventory management
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
- Leadership skills
- Restaurant Experience, preferable
- Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventor
- Previous cooking and supervision experience
- Open availability
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedure.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Incumbent is occasionally required to taste or smell
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice including weekends, nights, holidays
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.