The OSI Field Service will serve as a liaison between key customers and OSI in supporting complaint investigation, in-restaurant product assessment, product roll-out (regional and national), customer database management, restaurant training and procedures, store validations; and managing Distribution Center complaints, projects, and credit system.
- Provide technical and customer relationship support to the customer's restaurant team.
- Review complaints at the store level and support plant QA investigation.
- Support development of restaurant procedures, and in-store product/equipment validation (e.g. grill performance, product preparation).
- Support OSI product roll-out and training.
- Collect, track and trend restaurant complaints. Present data on an ongoing basis to OSI facilities and OSI leadership.
- Perform Distribution Center visit and support customer QA and Supply Chain departments on projects related to distribution (cold chain, traceability) and investigation of complaints originated or found at the distribution centers.
- Be a resource for OSI and customer on Sensory Evaluations. Conduct sensory evaluations at the store or OSI facilities, when needed. Develop and conduct sensory training on new and existing products.
- Ensure manufacturing facilities are in compliance to customer specifications.
- Support the OSI Corporate Quality Assurance Department in managing emerging quality and food safety risks.
- Contributes to innovation, troubleshooting, and brainstorming ideas in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, Culinary Sciences, Biology, or related field required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Computer Skills.
- 2+ to 5 years of relevant work experience in the food industry (plant level).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of Quality Tools and SPC.
- Technical Learning - Picks up technical skills quickly.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of the time required.
- Experience in Sensory Evaluation is a plus.
- Ability to follow directions, work well independently or in a group, and communicate opinions effectively.
- Position requires the physical agility to perform continuous lifting up to 15 pounds, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, stretching/reaching, use hands or fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, controls and standing/walking on concrete flooring.
- Work can be performed within a manufacturing plant environment with noise, extreme temperatures, and significant movement of powered equipment, people and conveyor.
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Position requires the physical ability to stand/walk for duration of required work hour
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.