Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Oversees the operation of all kitchen areas, including but not limited to, receiving, supplies, recipes, and quality preparation of all food items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
* Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
* Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
* Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
* Assures that all kitchen Team Members follow the proper dress code.
* Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
* Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
* Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
* Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
* Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
* Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
* Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
* Provides direction for menu development.
* Participates in taste testing on all new products with the Executive Chef/F&B Director.
Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Executive Chef.
Assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
Develop and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety.