Facility: BIG SPRING CEDAR HILL
Compensation Base: $23.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Food Service Officer you will be responsible for performing complex food service work. You will be responsible for planning and supervising food preparation and service. You will ensure prescribed sanitation and safety rules are maintained, calculate food requirements and prepare reports. You will maintain custody, care and control of inmates assigned to Food Service activities. You will oversee and monitor the activities of inmates while enforcing and adhering to the rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities of the Officer position include:
- Ensuring work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Monitoring compliance with sanitation, safety and health regulations.
- Inspecting food for quantity, quality and temperature.
- Assuring proper storage and use of inventory, monitoring and recording temperatures.
- Assisting in calculating food requirements and requesting supplies and equipment.
- Assuring proper preparation of meals, diets and portion controls.
- Assisting in the training of staff and inmates during orientation and training programs.
- Assisting in maintaining the security of offenders.
- Maintaining daily assignment rosters for inmate workers.
- Evaluating work performance on inmates.
- Performing moderately complex work involving the care and custody of inmates.
- Maintaining security among inmates of the institution through direct supervision.
- Preventing escapes and maintaining discipline in conformance with strict rules, regulations and standard operating procedures.
As a Food Service Officer you must be mature, flexible and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff. You must have a positive attitude and possess a high tolerance for mental stress. Qualified candidates are natural leaders who are able to supervise and train others successfully.
Other requirements of the position include:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification.
- Previous experience in food services and/or in a correctional setting, preferred.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of a Correctional Officer.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively.
- Ability to complete all necessary documentation.
- Capacity to follow strict operational rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact successfully with inmates and staff.