St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Host/Hostess is responsible for preparing, delivering and picking up trays for patients; communicating pertinent information regarding menu preferences; delivering nourishments; taking inventory of floor supplies and re-supplying them to a par level. Works with the patient and patient's family, nursing, and food service support to maximize patient meal satisfaction. Practices exceptional customer service at all times. Serves as a primary liaison between patients and food service operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists patient with verbal patient meal selections in accordance with current nutrition care order.
- Communicates effectively and clearly. Communicates food preferences from patient to food service department to ensure highest patient satisfaction with meal service. Communicates frequently with the patient care team for any patient who is problematic, in isolation, or incapable of menu completion to grow insight into known preferences or family requests.
- Answers patient calls in a prompt, courteous manner, and processes requests in accordance with patient's nutritional care order.
- Performs minor food preparation and portioning tasks in accordance with departmental policy.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and proficiency of Vision-Meals Your Way computerized ordering system.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize EPIC for the purpose of viewing and printing reports and to initiate downtime procedures.
- Demonstrates and shares basic diet information with patients. Refers dietitian to address further education or concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all diets and alternate meal options.
- Transports patient trays.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Walking for up to 7 hours, 30 minutes at a time; sitting for up to 1 hour at a time and standing up to 1 ½ hours for 30 minutes at a time. Frequently uses handling and occasionally twisting/turning, lifting (1-50 lb.), carrying (1-50 lb.), pushing (1-50 lb.), and pulling (1-50 lb.). When performing essential functions, occasionally involves with stooping/bending, climbing, reaching above shoulder level. Employee must have the ability to hear normal conversation, have general vision, far vision, and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Customer service and/or food service experience preferred, but not necessary. On job training will be provided.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.