System ID: 649971
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO-WALLACE
#MB$12.87 - $14.54 Plus excellent benefits NOW HIRING! Do you enjoy CONSISTANT SCHEDULES & HOLIDAYS OFF?
Seeking 6 Full-Time, Production Cooks (Cook II)
for highly recognized public university!
Sodexo offers excellent insurance and benefits including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, MATCHING 401K Savings Plan, tuition reimbursement, and a host of discounts along with professional support to our employees.
Sodexo is seeking experienced production cooks for the University of Idaho in Moscow, ID - just 15 minutes from Pullman WA, and 35 minutes from Lewiston. The University of Idaho is a public land-grant research university in Moscow, Idaho serving a population of over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
We are looking for friendly, engaging applicants who want to make a difference. Receive hands-on experience and training while working in a fast-paced environment and providing exceptional customer service.Things to Consider for the Production Cook (Cook II) role:
- Typical schedules would be either Sunday-Thursday 9:00AM-5:00PM, 12:00PM-8:00PM or Tuesday-Saturday, 12:00pm-8pm or Thursday-Monday 12:00PM-8:00PM. Would require some flexibility in hours. Some weekends needed. No late nights.
- Hourly pay rate: $12.87 - $14.54/hr depending on level of experience.
- Morning Shift - set up kitchen, prepare breakfast, assist serving if needed.
- Afternoon Shift - prepare lunch and dinner.
- Great work environment!
- OFF most Holidays, most of Summer OFF.
- Address: 1080 W 6th St, Moscow, ID 83844
- Free meal(s) when working.
- Great opportunity to move further your food service career with an international company.
- Health and Safety is an integral part of Sodexo's mission to improve Quality of Life. We are committed to providing working conditions that protect our employees, clients, and customers.
- We regularly evaluate our sanitation and cleaning procedures, implement safe working practices including temperature checks and provide Personal Protective Equipment, including masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
This position is considered essential personnel and is a great opportunity to contribute to the health and well-being of the community!
Sound like the opportunity you are looking for? APPLY TODAY!
The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.