Server - $500 Bonus Available
Vista Gardens Memory Care, managed by Guest Services Senior Living, is now hiring Servers to assist with dining operations in our community. We are seeking a highly motivated individuals who are service oriented, reliable, and available to work weekends and holidays. At least 6 months experience in food service is preferred.
$500 sign on bonus available (conditions apply)
Guest Services Senior Living, LLC offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, and more!
The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards.
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Culinary Director or Lead Server.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Six (6) months experience in food service preferred.
- Must meet qualifications as required by the Department of Social Services for a RCFE Community.
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematics skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Internet search engines, etc.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- The job requires travel of approximately 0%-10%
- Touch-screen computer. POS System and credit card machine.
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies/solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
Guest Services Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.