Come grow with Vibra Healthcare, where we manage from the bedside up every day. Join a strong, knowledgeable company that values each employee as an individual. Our expanding organization wants compassionate healthcare professionals like you to help us get our patients back to better.
Vibra Hospital of Mahoning Valley, in Boardman, has new opportunities for Cooks and Dietary Aides on our team!
The Cook performs a variety of duties necessary for the operation of a hospital food service department. Maintains high standards of food quality, nutritional value of food, sanitation, safety and presents food in an appetizing manner
The Dietary Aide performs a variety of duties necessary for the operation of the food service department. Prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays, tray line assembly, delivers trays, may serve in the cafeteria. Responsible for clean up in kitchen and dining room, including dish washing. Cashiering duties in cafeteria as needed. May accept delivery of dietary supplies including inspection of products to insure freshness and accuracy of delivery. Also assists in the rotation of food stores and monitors food expiration dates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) years of experience as a cook in lieu of education will be considered.
- Food handling certification as required by State regulations.
- Six (6) months previous food service experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare food service experience preferred.
- Culinary arts training preferred.
- Two (2) years of food service experience preferred, including a minimum of one (1) year of experience cooking and working in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets is preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
****If you have any problems viewing or completing our online application, please contact Ann Draper, Talent Acquisition Partner, at or at Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.