Facility: ARAPAHOE COUNTY RESIDENTIAL (ACRC)
Compensation Base: $17.35
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by resident food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred. Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience in food preparation obtained in commercial, military, or institutional setting.
- Valid, active driver's license is required.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
Health, Dental and Vision coverage
Basic and Additional Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Spousal and Dependent Life Insurance
Short and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts, and Voluntary Benefits such as Critical Illness, Whole Life Insurance, Accident Insurance and Legal/Identity Theft coverage
Other employee benefit programs including 50% company match of the first 5% an employee contributes their 401(k)
Paid time off, sick time, paid holidays
Employee stock purchase plan providing a 5% discount
Employee assistance program
Health and Wellness programs
Jury Duty Pay
Partnerships with local colleges, and professional educational leave.