Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Kendall, Coral Gables & Homestead
Is looking for
Palace Renaissance & Royale
Assisted Living & Catered Living Community
11355 SW 84th Street Miami, FL 33173
Rated #1 in the US of all communities surveyed by CARF, 2016
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To serve meals to The Palace residents observing their diets and food preferences.
To make the atmosphere during every meal-time an enjoyable experience for the residents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up Dining Room for meals.
- Serve residents in your section.
- Assist residents to gather the food when there is a buffet.
- Clean & re-set the tables per supervisor's instructions.
- Experience in dealing with Food Service is preferred.
- Ability to follow supervisor's instructions.
- Ability to remember residents' names.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles ("Smile, Smile, Smile" AND "Ask! Don't Assume!")
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals; remember & practice the rules.
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- College student, preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
- Responsible, out-going, always on time, quick on the feet, resourceful, strong enough to carry the food trays, accurate when taking residents' food orders & patient when they change their mind…
- Flexible as to work schedule. Even though The Palace is always trying to schedule you around your school schedule, sometimes, at times of need or emergency, students are requested to accommodate The Palace needs. At such times flexibility is greatly appreciated.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a competitive spirit, a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communications & interpersonal skills.
- Able to speak clearly & effectively with older people.
- Be available during emergency situations
- Speak, read & write English. Spanish, preferred.