System ID: 650132
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO-WALLACE
Unit Contact:$17.51 - $19.78 Plus excellent benefits NOW HIRING! Do you enjoy CONSISTANT SCHEDULES & HOLIDAYS OFF?
Seeking 1 Full-Time, experienced Sous Chefs (Sr. Supervisor)
for highly recognized public university!
Sodexo offers excellent insurance and benefits including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, MATCHING 401K Savings Plan, tuition reimbursement, and a host of discounts along with professional support to our employees.
Sodexo is seeking experienced production cooks for the University of Idaho in Moscow, ID - just 15 minutes from Pullman WA, and 35 minutes from Lewiston. The University of Idaho is a public land-grant research university in Moscow, Idaho serving a population of over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
We are looking for friendly, engaging applicants who want to make a difference. Receive hands-on experience and training while working in a fast-paced environment and providing exceptional customer service.Things to Consider for the role:
- Typical schedules would be either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday, 6am-2:30pm, 12pm-8pm. Would require some flexibility in hours. Some weekends needed. No late nights.
- Hourly pay rate: $17.51 - $19.78/hr depending on level of experience.
- Must have experience supervising frontline teams
- Great work environment!
- OFF most Holidays, most of Summer OFF.
- Address: 1080 W 6th St, Moscow, ID 83844
- Free meal(s) when working.
- Great opportunity to move further your food service career with an international company.
- Health and Safety is an integral part of Sodexo's mission to improve Quality of Life. We are committed to providing working conditions that protect our employees, clients, and customers.
- We regularly evaluate our sanitation and cleaning procedures, implement safe working practices including temperature checks and provide Personal Protective Equipment, including masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
This position is considered essential personnel and is a great opportunity to contribute to the health and well-being of the community!
Sound like the opportunity you are looking for? APPLY TODAY!
The Supervisor - Senior may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services at larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1or more years related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.