Follows a daily production schedule, and uses standardized recipes in the production of all foods. Follows the department's policies and procedures for safe food production.
- Follows a daily production schedule, and uses standardized recipes in the production of all foods.
- Follows the department's policies and procedures for safe food production.
- Prepares and packages main course and other items for the menu, special requisitions and other special occasions.
- Produces all food items to meet the department's delivery schedule.
- Practices economic utilization of foods to avoid waste.
- Maintains high quality standards on all prepared foods.
- Keeps area clean, safe and organized. Cleans designated equipment used in food production.
- Assists in other department positions as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school or equivalent with formal training in a school, restaurant, or hotel.
- Minimum 1 year cooking experience in a school, hotel or restaurant.
- Related volume cooking experience desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of techniques of cooking essential. Volume cooking knowledge desired.
- Proper utilization of food services equipment desired. Knowledge of safe food handling practices desired.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50-lbs. Moderate physical activity.
- Able to work fluctuating hours.