Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall & Homestead
Is looking for
Brand New Palace at Weston
An Independent, Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
16025 Emerald Street, Weston, FL
Winner of Gallup's Great Workplace Award
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To plan, direct, supervise & execute all the food services of the community.
Plan menus, purchasing, production coordination and service to residents, employees & large events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare food items according to daily production schedule utilizing standardized recipes & specialized diets.
- Assign and coordinate work for kitchen personnel.
- Coordinate food handling, cooking schedules & cooking methods to assure an upscale culinary experience.
- Ensure proper service of meals to conserve nutritional value, flavor, appearance & quality.
- Supervise the cooks, prep cooks & dishwasher staff.
- Work closely with entertainment and activities directors to design & execute monthly events.
- A minimum of 5 years of high volume cooking experience in a resort, hotel or fine dining environment.
- Culinary School Certification preferred.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of regional cooking styles.
- Able to follow oral & written instructions in English. Spanish a plus
- Demonstrate good verbal communications & interpersonal skills in English. Spanish a plus.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, always on time, resourceful, very accurate and detail-oriented.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be available to work on weekends, holidays & in emergencies.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.