Kitchen Prep Associate
Temp to perm OR direct hire for the right candidate
Shift WITH HOURS
1st shift 500am-3:00pm M-Thursdays and Fridays 1pm-930pm
Benefits: Upon hire
• Requires the ability to lift between 25 and 50 lbs consistently,
• stand on the assembly line up to ten hours in a shift, bend, stoop, squat, push or pull.
• Familiarity with food plant operations preferred
• Packaging machine operation experience
• Experience in food production environment
• Ability to work in a fast pace and often loud environment.
• Must be able to continuously stand, bend, twist and lift.
• Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
• Work on an assembly line making and packaging food products.
• Build the pallet according to the pallet diagrams for each product
• Assist in keeping the packaging area clean
• Build the pallet with labels facing out and wrap the pallet
• Bring the pallet into the freezer
• Keep an accurate count of cases on the pallet
• Complete the "Finished Pallet" form to transfer ownership of the pallet to S&R
• Build the pallet in the freezer as needed for specified products, brining small amounts of cases to the freezer at a time.
• Set up, operate, and tend machines to prepare consumer products for storage or shipment.
• Responsible to learn to operate all equipment, operate a pallet jack as required, assist in line changeovers and maintaining a high level of safety and quality awareness.
• Applicants will be required to complete food manufacturing and safety training.
• Applicants should have a proven work ethic
• Entry level in this industry is acceptable.
• Operate box forming and packing equipment
• Document and record production and quality information as necessary
• Confirm case count
• Meets daily with Packaging Lead Tech regarding line strategy and production levels for the day.
• Adheres to operational procedures, process control limits, start up and change over procedures, line capabilities, product specifications, raw material tracking, operators responsibilities, quality checks and instructions for line shut down if product is compromised in any way.