The Elevation Resort and Spa, a Boxer Resort, has an exciting seasonal opportunity for a Bartender position. This is a great chance to further develop your customer service skills and work for a Boxer Resort, a premier management company in the hospitality industry.
Success is the direct result of everyone working together toward a common goal: To deliver exceptional service to our valued guests and provide a high quality work environment for our associates.
Bartenders will be responsible for serving guests in a hospitable manner to ensure positive guest service. Have a fresh, optimistic enthusiastic and service-laced attitude. You are here to serve our guests and provide them with an exceptional dining experience.
- Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and use up-selling skills to increase revenues.
- Prepare beverages requested by guests using established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant(s) for bar/lounge guests, if applicable.
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the supervisor or manager on duty.
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines.
- Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.).
- Requisition all necessary supplies in line with hotel procedures and manage liquor inventory.
- Ensure that all liquor is properly secured before, during, and at close of shift.
- Obtain, count and secure bartender's bank; receive cash and credit payments from customers; give accurate change and balance cash drawer at end of shift in line with hotel procedures.
- Check bar and seating areas for cleanliness and attractiveness ensuring all standards are aligned to company and local legislative standards. Inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation. Sweep and mop bar floor after shift. Wipe down counters, equipment, stools, chairs, tables, and other areas as required.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Pass a background check
- Formal Bartending preferred
- Meet legal age requirements
- Certified TIPS trained
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Fluent in English
- Ability to lift large trays weighing up to 30lbs
- Able to think quickly on your feet, make smart decisions
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.