Reports to: General Manager
The primary responsibility of a Server is to create a dining experience that encourages the customer to return to First Watch Restaurants. Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our customers. Each server's primary objective is to show our customers such a marvelous time; they will want to return again and again.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to work in a fun atmosphere with awesome people while being a part of a growing organization that was voted BEST PLACES TO WORK (2018 Business Intelligence Group). We LOVE our employees more than bacon and have a "You First" philosophy, referring to the importance of putting people first.
We also offer:
No night shifts - EVER!
Amazing growth opportunities
Insurance benefits and employee perk programs
Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
Matching 401K contributions
First class training
And much more...
- Welcome and greet customers. Make all our customers feel comfortable and let them know you're there to personally take care of them
- Inform customers of specials and menu changes
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your customers will enjoy
- Up-sell food & beverage items using suggestive selling technique
- Answer questions regarding regions where food products come from, how food is prepared
- Describe in detail tastes and textures
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other cafe functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen to customers in a timely matter
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment
- Maintain clean service areas
- Monitor and observe customers dining experience. Ensure customers are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Prepare final bill, present check to customer, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable)
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables
- Thank customers for their visit and invite them to return
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by management
- Exercises Veto Power when picking up food for delivery to customers.
- Anticipates the needs of customers, i.e., more coffee. Demonstrates "service" attitude with other staff and customers
- Roll silverware as assigned on a daily basis
- Six months experience as a server in a comparable restaurant is, preferred
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our customers
- Punctuality with regular and reliable attendance
- Honesty and integrity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management and coworkers
- Basic math skills - arithmetic - the ability to make change
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Multi-task oriented - ability to perform multiple job functions at one time
- Follow workplace safety procedures
- Walk and stand throughout the entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently wash hands
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures
- Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
- First Watch will supply employee with non-slip shoes, to be maintained by employee. If the shoes become unusually soiled or damaged, employee must notify management for replacement. First Watch will replace safety shoes as needed due to normal wear and tear
The Server works with all levels of management and staff within the cafe. Additionally, positive professional contact with customers is required to provide an exceptional quest experience.