Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Rental Technicians are responsible for accurately and efficiently fitting and adjusting rental equipment for Afton Alpsguests.Employeesare responsible for deliveringoutstanding customer service while maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
This is a seasonal position running from approximatelyNovember to April.
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Execute daily operations by opening and/or closing rental outlets.
- Fit boots, skis, snowboards, helmetsand/or poles to each guest.
- Answer any resort-specific questions from guests so they are well-equipped for a fun and safe day of snow sports.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends while demonstrating knowledge of products.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to coworkers and guests.
- Remove snow, as needed.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail Resorts and Afton Alps.
- Create and maintain a productive and safe work environment, including the completion of all company mandated safety-related training and assessments.
- Ensure all rental locations are clean, have updated materials, and present a professional appearance to our guests, staff, and purveyors.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Adhere to and role model the company's mission, vision, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old - Required.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends - Required.
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn the register.
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high level guest contact, and commitment to guest service.
- Must demonstrate ability to receive and give direction and act upon it.
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand toolsandpower tools ona daily basis.
- Willing to become certified byski binding manufacturers.
- Weight Lifted - At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency - Frequent
- Standing Frequency - Frequent
- Walking Frequency - Frequent
- Reaching - Frequent
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl - Frequent
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Free EPIC Ski and Snowboard Pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest's premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277774