Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
Responsible for accurately and efficiently processing store sales through the use of a cash register. Generate sales by establishing professional and personalized rapport with customers and delivering world-class guest service.
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale
- Provide customers with highest level of customer service expected for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and/or merchandise questions
- Complete sales transactions by accurately and efficiently ringing up customer sales
- Responsible for following all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management and loss prevention
- Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Remove all sensors and hangers from merchandise prior to placing items in bag(s) for customers
- Maintain a neat and organized work area by placing hangers, sensors, returned items, and paperwork in appropriate and designated locations
- Answer store phones courteously and professionally
- Call for additional assistance if a line develops to ensure proper guest satisfaction
- 1 year of retail experience preferred, snow sports retail experience preferred
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; stores are open 7 days a week and hours vary depending upon location, season, and type of store
- Familiarity withretail POS systems preferred
The budgeted range starts at 12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Want the best of mountain living and city amenities? Our location at Dumont, CO offers just that! Live and work in Dumont and you are just 30 minutes away from some of the best skiing/riding CO offers, a short 30 minute drive to Red Rocks or a 45 minute jaunt to Denver. Not only that, but work at one of North America's most recognized Retail providers with people that want to be in the thick of adventure-living with you. Join our team and be on the cutting edge of what's trending right now in outside adventure sports.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 278674