The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, voluntary benefit products, and 401(k) plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries.
- Completes new-hire orientations and benefit education and communication to employees
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HCM to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists in the development of lean business processes within the department
- Administrator in conjunction with third-party vendors: medical, personal, disability and FMLA and ADAA, COBRA compliance, Dependent Verification, ACA.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection, and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absence/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports benefit data including employee, benefit plan, and financial for Benefit's strategic planning and evaluation, best practices, and benchmark surveys.
- Processes invoices and monthly reports
- Performs other duties as assigned