Location: Lancaster, PA
FORTUNE 500 FOOD MANUFACTURING COMPANY NEAR LANCASTER, PA QUALITY/FOOD SAFETY MANAGER $75-85K PLUS BONUS AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS SOME RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
- Responsible for leading the Food Safety and Quality within a large, automated food processing plant.
- Serves on the Plant Senior Leadership Team establishing direction and policy for the entire operation, while acting as a Change Agent, requiring the ability to manage continuous improvement initiatives across all departments and levels.
- Serves as the SQF Practitioner and primary plant contact for all Quality, Food Safety, Kosher, Organic and Regulatory, as well as internal, corporate and third-party audits.
- Ensures the development, implementation and management of the Quality, Food Safety and Sanitation systems, policies and procedures and manages corrective actions for identified gaps.
- Oversees the facility ingredient program, product testing programs
- Manages compliance within the HACCP Program, GMP procedures, FSMA regulations, and internal quality incident escalation procedures and CAPA
- Ensures the development, implementation and management of various prerequisite Food safety programs (i.e Allergen Testing and Control, Environmental Monitoring, Traceability Master Sanitation Pest Control, etc.).
- Lead and Advocate continuous improvement
- Drives the incorporation of SPC techniques, process capabilities and trains others to ensure understanding and proper use of SPC
- Partners with Customer Care and Cross functional team to track complaint data to develop corrective action plan
- Partners with R&D liaison and conducts or coordinates new product test runs.
- Partner with Engineering team to improve infrastructure and plant food safety requirements.
- Utilizes various data sources to measure product quality, identify root causes, communicates and provides support to implement process/product improvements
- Oversees plant cleaning and sanitation functions. Drive improvements in procedure and labor efficiency.
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant degree
- 5-7 years previous supervisory/management experience
- New Plant Startup/ Extension Experience
- Must have food manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of Food GMP's, SOP's, HACCP/Food Safety, Regulatory and Environmental guidelines.
- Experience with Organic certification and compliance.
- Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF preferred
- Must continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Bi-lingual with fluent Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Ability to utilize time management, work under a tight schedule and meet timing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at