Ref ID: 03653775
Classification: Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Compensation: $21.38 to $24.75 hourly
Are you a solid HR Administrator in the Corvallis area? OfficeTeam is seeking a Compensation & Benefits Specialist who will coordinate employee leaves of absence in accordance with state and federal leave laws and best-practices related to leave administration. This important role within the HR Operations team focuses primarily in the areas of leave and disability management, interpreting policies, and establishing procedures in partnership with the Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, and Employee Relations teams. Their goal is to support Human Resources initiatives while providing excellent customer service to employees, management, volunteers, candidates, and visitors. This is estimated to be a 6 month contract with a large healthcare provider in the area.
1. Human Resources - Possess knowledge and ability to interpret and apply human resources policies, procedures, practices, programs, Federal/State employment laws, labor contracts, and employment agreements.
2. Confidentiality - Ensures confidentiality of employee and protected health information. Ability to use discretion when processing and handling sensitive human resources issues.
3. Communication - Effective written and verbal communication skills to perform group presentations, tactfully discuss issues, and listen to and understand complex information/situations. Ability to work with all levels within the organization, facilitate communication, and effectively document related activities.
4. Computer Literacy - Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office and data management tools.
5. Problem Solving - Ability to identify complex problems, analyze related information, employ creativity and alternative thinking to develop and evaluate options, build consensus and implement effective solutions. Skilled in information gathering and critical thinking.
6. Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Strong with numbers and analytically inclined.
Excellent communication skills.
Dedication to ethics and discretion.
Comfortable typing 45 - 60 WPM.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience required.
1+ year experience working in a Human Resources Department required; experience with leave administration preferred.
Experience and/or training in Microsoft Office applications required.
Certification in Human Resources and/or leave management preferred.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.