Under general direction, the Laundry Attendant processes linens and fabrics, including the washing, sorting, drying, transporting, organizing, folding, counting, and weighing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates mechanical equipment to include: folder, washers, dryers, and steam press.
- Inspect linen and terry products during production.
- Cleans work area and laundry equipment as assigned.
- Completes laundry production tasks as assigned to include: washing, sorting, drying, transporting, organizing, folding, counting, and weighing.
- Work additional shifts as required.
- Wear uniform and name tag provided while on property.
- Reports any safety issues to the supervisor/manager.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor/manager.
- Completes all required Company training/compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the hospitality/cleaning field is required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.